Tunbridge Wells Borough Council has launched a Discretionary Grant Scheme for local businesses. Deadline for applications is 7 June. This fund does not replace the Small Business Rate Relief, Rural Rate Relief Grant Fund or the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund, but is aimed at small businesses that were not eligible for these funds.
Priority businesses: the following types of businesses will be prioritised for grants:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces. Examples could include units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment.
- Regular market traders (with fixed building costs in Tunbridge Wells borough, such as rent) who do not have their own business rates assessment.
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of business rates; and
- Charity properties in receipt of Charitable Business Rates relief which would
Secondary priority group: the following will also be considered.
- Businesses who missed out on the original grant scheme through a legitimate issue with their VOA status on 11 March.
- Leisure, retail and hospitality businesses and those in the supply chain not eligible in other schemes; and
- Cultural and creative businesses not eligible in other schemes.
You can apply for the grant at the following link: www.tunbridgewells.gov.uk/discretionarygrants
Please read the guidance carefully to assess eligibility for the scheme.
If there are any enquiries about the scheme, please email email@example.com.