Until 2 December everyone must stay at home and may leave only for a limited set of reasons. These include:
• For education
• For work if you cannot work from home
• For exercise and recreation outdoors, with your household, support bubble or on your own with one person from another household
• For all medical reasons, appointments and to escape injury or harm
• To shop for food and essentials
• To visit members of your support bubble, for single people / parents.
• And to provide care for vulnerable people, or as a volunteer.
Non-essential shops, leisure and entertainment venues are closed. Click and collect services continue and essential shops, including supermarkets, remain open. Pubs, bars, restaurants are closed, except for takeaway and delivery services.
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, known as the furlough scheme, remains open until December, with employees receiving 80% of their current salary for hours not worked, up to a maximum of £2,500.
Guidance on the new measures is available at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november#south
Details of the extended furlough scheme and other economic support, can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/news/furlough-scheme-extended-and-further-economic-support-announced#south